The Bregman Moodley team specialise in debt collections.
WHAT BMA DOES
- Our team provides affordable and prompt results;
- In unopposed matters, we charge out strictly according to the party and party tariffs of the Magistrates’ and High Courts that apply from time to time;
- We assess the prospects of success and will always caution you against taking further steps if this means throwing good money after bad;
- We have over 45 years’ experience in debt collections and the obstacles creditors face;
- BMA employs a swift, no-nonsense approach to collecting monies;
- We recognize and understand delaying tactics and take a firm stance to get our clients the results they are looking for;
- We report regularly to you.
In terms of Sections 37(7) – (9) of the Legal Practice Act we provide you with a cost estimate notice, in writing, specifying the envisaged costs of the legal services, etc.:
- The likely financial implications including fees, charges, disbursements and other costs: we charge out strictly according to the party and party tariffs of the Magistrates’ and High Courts that apply from time to time;
- An outline of the work to be done in respect of each stage of the collection process:
- we send your debtor a demand, calling for payment.
- If it makes an offer to pay the capital sum in acceptable instalments, we will obtain an acknowledgment of debt, providing for recovery of the capital sum, interest and costs;
- If it fails to respond, we will issue summons and proceed to judgment and issue a writ, if necessary;
- If it defends the action, the costs will be according to tariff, and if you are successful in pursuing your claim the court will order your debtor to pay the costs. If you decide not to proceed with the defended matter, you will be liable to pay the debtor’s costs and ours.