MANUAL PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT 2 OF 2000
Bregmans Attorneys is a firm that conducts a general legal practice.
2. COMPANY CONTACT DETAILS
Name of body: Bregmans Attorneys
Requests for access to information should be addressed to:
|Mr SR Bregman|
|Postal address:||Bregmans Attorneys|
P O Box 2232
|Physical address:||Suite 314, Killarney Office Towers|
60 Riviera Road
|Telephone:||+27 11 646 0335|
|Facsimile:||+27 11 646 2711|
|E-mail:||Contact Roy Bregman|
3. GUIDE IN TERMS OF SECTION 10 OF THE ACT
The section 10 Guide on how to use the Act is available from the South African Human Rights Commission. Enquiries can be directed to:
The South African Human Rights Commission:
Private Bag 2700
4. RECORDS AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF LEGISLATION OTHER THAN THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT 2 OF 2000.
Documents are held in accordance with statutory provisions that include those in the following Acts. This list is not exhaustive.
- Attorneys Act, Act no. 53 of 1979
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
- Companies Act 61 of 1973
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of1993
- Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- Insolvency Act 24 of 1936
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993
- Pension Funds Act 24 of 1956
- Skills Development Act 97 of 1998
- Stamp Duties Act 77 of 1968
- Unemployment Insurance Act 30 of 1966; Act 4 of 2002
- Value-Added Tax Act 89 of 1991
5. CATEGORIES OF RECORDS HELD BY BREGMANS ATTORNEYS
The Company’s web page http://www.roylaw.co.za, which is accessible to anyone who has access to the Internet, contains information relating to the areas of legal practice in which the company specialises.
Other records held by the Company include:
- Financial records
- Employee records
- Client records
- Records relating to fixed and movable property
- Commercial contracts
- Insurance contracts
- Debt collection records
Records and information required for the exercise or protection of any rights will be made available subject to the provisions of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000. Access to records may be refused on grounds specified in the Act.
6. FORM OF REQUEST
The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. Request forms can be obtained on the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) web sitehttp://www.sahrc.org.za . The request must be made to the contact person at the address, fax number of electronic mail address given in paragraph 2 of this Manual.
7. PRESCRIBED FEES
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester must pay the required request fee of R50.00. The fee structure can be obtained on the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) web site http://www.sahrc.org.za
8. AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
This manual is available for inspection at the offices of Bregmans Attorneys at no cost. Copies of the manual may be obtained, subject to the prescribed fees, from these offices. The manual can also be accessed on the web sites of the SAHRC http://www.sahrc.org.za and of Bregmans Attorneys http://www.bregmans.co.za and it will be published in the Government Gazette. The manual accessible in the Government Gazette and on the web sites of Bregmans Attorneys and of the SAHRC do not include the request forms or fee structure.