Overview of the 2014 amendments to the South African labour legislation.
The bill introduced major changes to the following Acts:
- The Labour Relations Act.
- The Employment Equity Act.
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
- Along with this there is an additional new law called the Employment Services Bill.
It’s vital that you learn how these changes affect you as an employer.
- The Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”) was signed into law by the President on 19 November 2013.
- POPI will have a far-reaching impact on your organisation with severe consequences for non-compliance.
- POPI will regulate almost everything that companies do with information relating to customers, employees, suppliers, and others, including information already in your possession or under your control.
- My colleague, Mark Heyink, will present a seminar to provide attendees with a broad overview of some of the key aspects of POPI and practical guidance on how to comply with POPI in your organisation.
Should you be interested in participating in the workshop please email me so that we may co-ordinate numbers and venues: email@example.com