Sensible ways of handling your money:
- Plan ahead.
- Calculate how much money you spend in a week by keeping a list of all the items you buy – you’ll be surprised! Then identify only those items that are absolutely necessary and dispense with the rest.
- Shop according to a list. This type of discipline will protect you from falling prey to ‘impulse buying’ – grabby things you don’t really need.
- Where possible, buy strictly on a cash only basis – do not borrow money and therefore avoid loans and credit purchases.
- If you are thinking of buying something, be patient. Think about it for a few days and be absolutely sure that you are making a sensible purchase.
- Compare prices – the first deal may not always be the best.
- Be on the lookout for specials!
- Buy things at the end of a season, when they may be cheaper.
- Do not be hasty to replace items that may easily be repaired.
- Save an allowance for unexpected costs.
- Be aware of the fact that advertisements are primarily designed to boost sales and not necessarily tell the truth. Buy only what you need, and do not be persuaded into needing to buy.
- Do not waste your money on items that may very easily be shared amongst friends.
From stress to relief… click here