Contact Us


Your Rights

Featured Articles

  • Getting rid of a criminal record

    What happens if you committed a petty offence (like shoplifting) and you want to clear your name?

    The act that applies is the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977, that provides ...

  • Unlawfully evicted?

    Because the landlord has evicted you without first getting a court order, you need to bring what is called a “spoliation” application to be allowed back onto the leased premises.

    As ...

  • Warrant for your arrest

    If you ignored a summons requiring you to appear in court for failing to pay a traffic fine, the court may issue a warrant for your arrest for being in ...

  • AARTO traffic fines

    Traffic fines under Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences Act, No. 46 of 1998 (AARTO), currently applicable to Tshwane and Johannesburg.

    • Traffic offences set out in section 29(a) of the act ...
    • Fines issued in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act
      • After an infringement is captured on camera, within 30 days, a notice of offence under Section 341 of the Criminal Procedure Act must be generated and sent to the ...
      • Non compos mentis

        A client asked me if she could still act on a power of attorney that her mom signed in her favour, now that her mom had been diagnosed with dementia.

        At ...

      • What to do after an accident

        By Roy Bregman

        Bregman Moodley Attorneys

        What are your duties after a crash? What are your rights if you are injured or your car is damaged?

        Y0UR ...

      • Are You Being Abused?

        You can apply for a Protection Order which can protect you from further abuse.

        How are you being abused?

        Physical abuse: pushing, slapping, punching, kicking, burning, biting, stabbing.

        Verbal abuse: putting you down, ...

      • How To Get A Protection Order

        Domestic violence is the term used when a person in a household abuses another person with whom he or she is living. It occurs between people who are in a ...

      • Your rights if stopped at a roadblock

        Know your rights and don’t be afraid to report incidents of intimidation either at your local police station or to:

        Corruption Watch and/or

        Justice Project: 087 809-0399 and

        Always have these numbers handy on your ...

Contact Us


Tel: +27 (0)11 646-0335

Bregman Moodley Attorneys Join Mailing List
Bregman Moodley Attorneys Newsletter Archive
Bregman Moodley Attorneys Join Mailing List
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons